Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kia of Garden Grove- Grand Opening!

Today was my first official event as Miss Garden Grove and I am so glad that I got to spend it at the new KIA dealership! Today was the grand opening and I got to help cut the big red ribbon. There were many city officials there including Mayor Bill Dalton, Mayor, Mayor Pro-Tempore Steve Jones, and Councilman Andrew Do. There were many members of development workers and other visitors there as well. It was so great to see so much support at this event!





From Left to Right: Steve Jones, Mayor Pro-Tempore; Andrew Do, Councilman; Bill Dalton, Mayor; Jared Hardin; Eric Hardin, Manager

Mr. Jared Hardin was the emcee for this event and he was very excited to open this dealership. The Hardin family has been in this business for over 3 years and and is determined to bring KIA sales up more now that they are in Garden Grove. Mayor Dalton spoke as well and I learned that KIA means "rising out of Asia" and he exclaimed, "Thank goodness they landed in Garden Grove!" He was also excited to mention that this dealership has created 25 new jobs and and raise millions of dollars in sales! He added that he "wants business here, but he wants the family aspect as well," and he knows that KIA will uphold that standard.

After the ceremony outside, we moved inside (where the A/C was!!!!) to do the toasts and eat! I got to meet the owner, Jared Hardin and I got to cut the giant cake! They have to put me to work somehow!






I promise I was drinking Sparkling Apple Cider!!! :)


Our first official picture together!


CHEERS!


With Eric Hardin, the manager of Garden Grove KIA


cutting the giant KIA cake!

The OC Register has covered this story:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/dealership-235775-kia-new.html

Come to KIA of Garden Grove for your new car!

No comments:

Post a Comment