Thursday, November 18, 2010

Women's Division Luncheon

Today was the Garden Grove Women’s Division Luncheon.  The Women’s Division is an

I was honored to play background music on my harp for them as they ate their lunch.  Stacy and I were the guest speakers for the day and we spoke about the Miss Garden Grove Program.  After Stacy spoke about her experiences as the Executive Director, she had show off my harping skills with a fun song before I spoke.  I was able to talk about my journey to become Miss GG, what is expected of me this year, etc.  I spoke with them about my platform “Compassion for the Convalescing” and how important it is in my life.  I was able to share with them the opportunity was going to have to play the harp for the kids at CHOC Hospital (that’s my next entry). 

Being a part of events like this makes me thrilled to be Miss Garden Grove.  I love playing music for people, especially when I get to play a variety of pieces as background music.  And talking about the Miss GG Program is one of my favorite things to do because I love being a part of it so much.



Surprisingly, a member of the Women’s Division and a journalist on the side wrote an article about this event in the OC News! I am so honored.  Thank you Denise!

No comments:

Post a Comment