Saturday, October 30, 2010

Children's Miracle Network at IHOP

In addition to the fundraiser on National Pancake Day in February, IHOP hosted another fundraiser this month to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network. On Friday, they were giving out free scary face pancakes to kids! Also, 20% discounts were given out when people donated a dollar, or more.

I had the privilege to go to two IHOP locations in Garden Grove and Cypress. You're probably wondering what Miss GG and IHOP/Children's Miracle Network have to do with each other. The Children's Miracle Network is the main platform for the Miss America Organization and they have partnered up to raise funds and awareness for children’s hospitals throughout the United States. The local and state titleholders throughout the U.S. have been raising money for the Children's Miracle Network for several yearsl So, whenever a company/organization (like IHOP) partners with the Children's Miracle Network, the Miss America Org. comes in to help. As Miss GG, I was able to help pass out the spooky-faced pancakes to the kids and ask people for donations. I know other local titleholders participated with their local IHOPs as well.

My first stop to IHOP was in Garden Grove. Alex, the manager, was very excited to use my help. I got to pass out a few scary-faced pancakes to some kids there. Then, because there is no Miss Cypress, I was sent to help out at the Cypress location. Ruben, the manager, was very excited to see me as well! He had me walk around the restaurant with a cute donation box that he and his employees decorated. Everyone there was more than happy to donate to the Children's Miracle Network.


Alex and his hostess decorate a scary face pancake.

Alex, the manager, and I with the spooky pancake!

The pancake scared me, so I killed it....haha

Ruben, manager, and I at the Cypress IHOP

...asking for donations...

The cute donation box :)

Hopefully, I can return in February when IHOP partners with CMN and celebrate National Pancake Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment