Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Acacia Day Care Center Chamber Mixer

It was the time of the month for another Chamber Mixer! This time, the Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce held their mixer at the Acacia Day Care Center.  The theme of this mixer was President's Day, which makes sense since that holiday is coming up this Monday.  Since Acacia is a senior's care center, they wanted to have us remember how much our former presidents and current legislatures cared for the senior citizens in our communities.  Here are some examples below:

Mallory Vega, the Executive Director of Acacia, gave a sweet speech about the services that Acacia gives and how we should celebrate and remember the work that our country's leaders did for senior citizens.  Acacia really is a special place and I know they help the seniors of our community feel loved.  It was really interesting to walk around the room and see what our leaders have done.  We also had a little fun seeing the favorite foods of our presidents and local legislatures as well.  I found out that Congressman Ed Royce's favorite food is spring rolls!  He's got good taste!

 

I got to sit with Patti and Marsha Stamper, who just married David "the Grizz" Stamper a year ago!  They are so cute together!  I see Marsha and David at all the Elk's Lodge events :)

This is Sandy Thomas....she is so much fun to be around, we have had some funny moments!  Sandy is the Chairperson of the Board for the Chamber of Commerce...love her!

After the mixer, I went across the street to meet up with Stacy...she wanted to show me my portrait that is hanging in the city hall!  I guess I am special! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment