Saturday, February 5, 2011

Republican Women's Federation Luncheon

After singing the National Anthem at the ball fields, I drove to Spires Restaurant in Garden Grove.  The GG Division of the Republican Women's Federation was holding a meeting there.  The National Federation of Republican Women is one of the largest and most influential women's political organizations in the country. This organization works to promote the principles, objectives and policies of the Republican Party, elect Republican candidates, inform the public through political education and activity, and increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government. 



Stacy and I were the guest speakers.  I felt honored to be there because I am a Republican woman myself.  I definitely felt welcome there!  Stacy talked about all the wonderful things she is doing for the city of Garden Grove, including the Miss Garden Grove Org.  I am still amazed to hear how many things Stacy does.  I am so lucky to have her as my director/chaperone.  After Stacy spoke, it was my turn.  I spoke to the women about my experience as Miss GG so far and I was able to share with them my passion for my platform, "Compassion for the Convalescing".  I have had so many wonderful experiences that have enhanced my love for my platform.  I've played at Senior centers, Retirement Villages like I did last Friday, and of course at CHOC Hospital.  After speaking to the lovely ladies, I played a couple of songs for them.  

with the president, Carol Litle

The guest speakers!

I jumped on the bandwagon and sent a postcard to President Obama.  We all wrote our opinions about his Healthcare bill.  Hopefully some practical changes will be made. :)

I had to order my favorite..... the Bacon Cheeseburger!

I was asked to pass out my business card a lot too. I might get a few gigs!  Again, I was so honored to be able to speak with them.  I met so many wonderful women and made some good acquaintances.

No comments:

Post a Comment