Saturday, February 5, 2011

GG Rotary Club Sweetheart Dinner


It's that season again, the season of L-O-V-E!  The Garden Grove Rotary Club had their Sweetheart Dinner again.  This is the third year in a row that I have attended this lovely dinner.  As usual I played background music just to enhance the romantic and elegant ambiance...only this time, I'm finally Miss Garden Grove!  If you know me well, you know how much I love the GG Rotary Club.  The members of this district are very close to my heart.  This rotary club and I go way back.  I received my first scholarship in 6th grade and it was a $100 award from the GG Rotary Club.  They started my savings account!  Ever since then, they have been very dear and significant in my life.  The GG Rotary Club was my sponsor last year when I competed for the GG title.  

Bill Annan, president, and I

I was honored once again to be at this dinner.  Since this was a Sweetheart Dinner, I was able to bring my sweetheart, Keith.  I think the Rotary Club likes Keith too.  Because I planned to attend the Miss Fullerton Pageant later that night, I was only able to stay in time to play for about an hour.  I didn't get to stay the whole time, but I am glad I got to be there for a little bit.




Talking with Bill Annan (President) and Don Alexander (VP)

They were so nice...they gave me a beautiful bouquet.  And just a side note, you're probably wondering why Errol looks so tall (he's really not)....he was standing on a chair just so he can be taller than me for that second...haha

my sweetheart and I




I will forever be grateful to the GG Rotary Club for supporting me throughout these past few years.  'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment